Hello visitor nice to see you here at Lonely People

If you have found this site and are feeling lonely, why not join in the fun and become a member.

All of the site resources will be at your disposal and hopefully, you will meet some new friends and put an end to being lonely.

It only takes a moment to register, so now that you're here why not do it?

Nice to meet you, but it would be even nicer to connect.

Have a great day!

:thumbs_up1:

David David
Sign in to follow this  
David

It was lonely growing up in care – but I felt even more isolated after I left

I was in care from the age of seven until I went to university at 18. In the months leading up to leaving care and starting university in a small coastal town in Wales, I was terrified by the prospect of having to live by myself for the first time. Some may argue that all freshers feel the dread I felt that Saturday morning in September but, unlike most people, I didn’t have parents I could call.

I arrived at university with no idea of how to make or keep friends. I struggled to fit in with my flatmates; they all seemed to gel as a group, leaving me on the sidelines. To this day, as a 23-year-old, I struggle to form friendships, which has led to a constant feeling of loneliness.

Click below to read the full article:

5405.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

A fifth of care leavers feel lonely most of the time – the rules we lived under as children mean it’s difficult to keep friends

Sign in to follow this