News Ticker
  • A new discussion forum has been added relating to holistic alternative medicines and therapies - check it out now
  • Take a trip down memory lane in our 'Looking Back' discussion forum
  • If you need help check out our support sites directory
  • Our news channel is updated regularly bookmark to make sure you stay up-to-date
Sign in to follow this  
Maddox

The Meg

The Meg

About

• Released

• Rating

• Genre

• Action
    • Science Fiction
    • Thriller
    • Horror

The Meg

Overview

A deep sea submersible pilot revisits his past fears in the Mariana Trench, and accidentally unleashes the seventy foot ancestor of the Great White Shark believed to be extinct.

Trailer

Credits

• Jason Statham
    Jason Statham
    Jonas Taylor
  • Li Bingbing
    Li Bingbing
    Suyin
  • Rainn Wilson
    Rainn Wilson
    Morris
  • Cliff Curtis
    Cliff Curtis
    'Mac'
  • Ruby Rose
    Ruby Rose
    Jaxx
  • Winston Chao
    Winston Chao
    Zhang
This page uses the themoviedb.org API.

Perhaps not what you would expect from Jason Statham, no fist fights with loads of bad guys, no car chases and no plotting to eliminate people as he has done in The Transporter and The Mechanic (as well as other noteworthy movies he's made).  The Meg is a different kind of movie, in some ways you could say that its Jaws on steroids.  A reasonable plot, good acting from all the cast, good sets and decent effects on the Megalodon itself.  One or two jumps in your seat moments and overall a reasonable watch.  It kept me entertained for a while so that for me is most definitely a plus point.

I tend to ignore reviews and make my own mind up if I like a movie.  If I had taken notice of the reviews I would have deprived myself of a couple of hours of entertainment.  Always make your own mind up first.

:thumbs_up1: