Sign in to follow this  
Brian Klein

Something Learned.

I am no expert on depression, but I do have my down periods; I wanted to kick this off, by sharing some of mine. In hopes it will help someone see they are not alone.

That is such a sad story Brian, but I can empathise with you as I have experienced similar issues with members of my own family.  But right now they are the ones who are suffering, not me.  It's difficult to assess what values people hold in regards to friendship; I have a list of 62 people on my mobile but the only time the phone rings from one of them is when they want or need something from me - never do they just phone to say 'hi, how are you are?' but to me that is their loss.

There are no experts (some self-professed ones no doubt) on depression, it can come from nowhere, or it can come from somewhere and everyone's experience of it is personal to them.  But once you get to the root cause, then you can treat it; treating the symptoms is useless, the root cause needs to be found and the only person that can find it is the one suffering.  Counselling can help get to the root, but that depends on the counsellor; as in all things, there are good ones and bad.

The most important thing is that you have someone you can trust, someone you can turn to who will listen and not judge or condemn. That person is a rarity in this world, but if you are lucky enough to find such as person (as in your wife, Brian) then you can be sure to climb out of whatever depression ails you.

A very honest and open viewpoint Brian, very much appreciated.

:A1:

8 hours ago, Maddox said:

But right now they are the ones who are suffering, not me.

I must say, that is how I feel. I know I did my job, did what was required.

I have a list of 62 people on my mobile but the only time the phone rings from one of them is when they want or need something from me

I felt that way too. I deleted everyone from my list, I have 4 on mine currently (asking myself, why I even have cell to be honest.)

never do they just phone to say 'hi, how are you are?' but to me that is their loss.

Yes, tis how I feel completely. Now get out of my head, you! :bigger_grin:

But once you get to the root cause, then you can treat it;

I couldn't agree more! @Maddox, I will say, I don't get depressed often even with what you saw there; I remind myself consistently

'Not one person is always busy, it all depends on how high you rank on their priority list'

The most important thing is that you have someone you can trust, someone you can turn to who will listen and not judge or condemn. That person is a rarity in this world, but if you are lucky enough to find such as person (as in your wife, Brian) then you can be sure to climb out of whatever depression ails you.

Yes, remind me I wanted to share something with you when I get a chance.

A very honest and open viewpoint Brian, very much appreciated.

Yep, and that's 'What Brian Thinks' :)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.